Thursday, November 7, 2013

Couch to 5K, Week 1 Day 1


Today is a New Day!!!

I had my "low" day yesterday and one thing I learned about low days, they MOTIVATE ME!!!  I can only allow myself so many low days.  It's not to say that I won't continue to have them, because I will.  I know myself enough to know that I'm an emotional person and I can be very affected by my life's circumstance/encounters, good or bad.

Yesterday, while I was at work, one of my best friends told me about an app to help motivate me to run a 5K in March in recognition of a little princess warrior who is fighting her fight.  So, here I am feeling so lucky to have such an awesome friend that keeps me motivated and has given me the incentive I need to become more fit & healthy, and all the while doing it for that sweet little girl.

I was hesitant to begin, but last night I posted on FB my plan to hold me accountable to begin this journey.  It was a little slow in the beginning and I wasn't quite feeling it.  But once I got into it, I didn't want to stop.  Afterwards, I felt so alive and exhilarated. It was a good training and I already can't wait for tomorrow to continue.

Today was the first day of my "Couch to 5K" training.  I walked a total of 10 minutes and ran 20 minutes, broken up in intervals.  During my training, I broke down crying for so many reasons and I can't even explain, other than it was for my circumstances with cancer, Livi's circumstances, and all the others so personal to me who keeps fighting or has lost their fight.

This training is not only for me, but for all those others who are fighting or who have lost the fight of the dreaded "C".  I will be posting daily, my feelings before, during and even after my training.  I hope that my high's and low's may motivate someone out there who just needs that little push and motivation.

Below is my 'playlist' for today's training.  Music motivates, and for those who know me, there is nothing better than some hard rock for a hard workout.  Rock on \m/

Todays Training Playlist:

1. Egypt Central - Kick Ass (this song was my theme song for fighting cancer and now gets me motivated)
2. Metallica - One
3. Hollywood Undead - Undead
4. Skillet - Sick of It
5. Avenged Sevenfold - Scream
6. Halestorm - Here's to Us
7. Rev Theory - Hell Yeah
8. Deuce - America
9. Nirvana - Lake of Fire

Image Source: http://seasonitalready.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/couch_to_5kpic.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment