Monday, November 11, 2013

Couch to 5K, Week 2 Day 1



Another great day!!!  I was anxious to see what this week would bring in my training.  Now I will continue with the 5 minute warm-up and cool down, but now will be jogging 60 seconds and walking briskly for 90 second intervals over a 20 minute time-frame.  With this change, I began to struggle for the first half of the training, however, I found my pace mid-way and had a much easier second half.

After my C25K training, I was feeling so great, I decided to get my circuit workout in at Curves.  Now I feel even better.  It's so great being able to accomplish the goals that you have set.  My long-time goal is to complete a 5K while jogging the complete course.  My short-term goals consist of these minor changes and increases of time to slowly condition my body for the overall goal.  I'm feeling hopeful and optimistic that I will meet this goal.

Tomorrow will be my day of rest from my C25K training, but will continue to workout at Curves.  I haven't taken any measurements yet or have weighed myself, I may just wait until the end of the week to do that. I'm hoping to see a difference. I have already seen a difference in my attitude and my energy, and the rest will come.

Remember it's never too late to pick yourself up off the couch, it may not be a 5K training, or running a marathon, but just getting up and keeping your body moving is the best way to keep moving and rocking on. \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment