Saturday, November 9, 2013

Couch to 5K, Week 1 Day 3


Week 1, Day 3....can I say, BRUTAL?!?!

This was my Saturday to work at Curves, I got up early to get in early so I could have a nice quiet workout. I completed the circuit and my third day 'plank challenge', as well as, my P90 100 abs. Felt completely energized and ready to take on my run on Rails-to-Trails.

I think I overdid it.  I wasn't at my best.  I was able to do the 5-minute warm-up and cool down with no issues and the 90 seconds of brisk walking, no problems either.  The difficulty I faced was the 60 seconds of jogging.  I was able to complete the 60 seconds in the beginning but midway I was only putting in about 50 seconds.  Yes, trust me, those last 10 seconds are brutal.

But one thing remained constant through out my training today, my ambition, my drive, and my motivation.  I didn't give up and quit.  I kept going.  I didn't stop to take a breath or a drink of water.  I kept moving.

I'm very proud of myself.  I will keep moving on and rocking on. \m/

Note:  Thanks 'Avenged Sevenfold' for your song "Scream"...that's exactly what my lungs were doing today but it motivated to keep moving on. ;-)

Image Source: http://seasonitalready.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/couch_to_5kpic.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment