Saturday, November 16, 2013

Couch to 5K, Week 2 Day 3



I'm back...I know I didn't post anything Thursday or Friday, but I was recuperating.  On Thursday, I had a work conference in Philadelphia.  Overall driving time was a little over 8 hours and the conference began at 9 am and didn't commence until a little after 5.  So in other words it was a long day, but a great one too!!!  By the time I got home, the plan I had didn't last long.  I had previously thought I would commit to my planks and P90 100 abs, but obviously that didn't happen and I was way too exhausted.

Yesterday, I had a busy morning taking my daughter to the doctor and picking up my little buddy who I babysit periodically through out the week.  Fortunately, I was able to meet up with my bestie for a run during lunch.  I am noticing that I am having a much easier time for each training session.  The sessions are slowly becoming easier, not much, but enough that I can notice.  At least it's a start and I'm going to continue my training, I can't and won't give up.

Cancer is not going to stop me.  I have allowed myself enough time to rest and recuperate but I can't do it forever.  I will continue to monitor how my body responds and will give it the time for rest and recuperation it needs when necessary, but I won't give in.  I will continue to push and not give in to every tired moment. This is part of the healing process, knowing when to push yourself for the better but knowing when to take a break for the better.

So I'm going to keep moving and rocking on. \m/


Image Source: http://seasonitalready.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/couch_to_5kpic.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment