Sunday, November 11, 2012

Family and Friends




As my bone marrow biopsy looms around the corner, I think of this past weekend.  There were two celebrations.  The first, and foremost, was the celebration of my husband's 40th Birthday.  I, and a few of his closest friends, planned a surprise birthday party.  It was really a great time and I think he had a really good time!!!  I was so happy to be able to celebrate this milestone with him. His celebration also became my celebration.  Even though this party was solely about my husband, I felt a celebration of myself too.

I was not only celebrating the life of my husband, but my life as well.  I was joyful in knowing that I was able to share this monumental birthday with him and with our family and friends.  There were times that night where I just stood off to the side and soaked it all in.  I looked out over all the people and thought how blessed we are to have such great family and friends.  It was so nice catching up and retelling stories with old friends.  I loved the laughing and the smiling til the point where your cheeks bones ache because your just so happy to "be". And sometimes there were tears.  But the tears began from a reflection of the negative times in our life that has now become positive and optimistic.  I really can't remember a time that I was more happy!!!  Having so many people around supporting my husband, and even me.

I will hang on to that euphoric feeling as I face my day on Tuesday.  I will remember all those smiles.  I will remember all those celebrations to help me through my biopsy.

I'm really not aware of anyone else's experience with bone marrow biopsies.  My experiences have not been great.  My first one was horrible and painful because I was not allowed any medication.  And all the ones following, even though I have been medicated, have not been great either.  The biopsies just have become very traumatic for me but I'm going to try my best this time to take a more positive approach.  I'm still going to have the medication, but I will be remembering those special women who will be praying for me that morning.  I will envision all those smiling faces from my husband's party and, know that, even though they were there for him, they are there for me too.  It gives a person such strength to be blessed with such wonderful family and friends!!! I will feed from that strength of support and face my day with less worry.  I truly believe there is "strength in numbers".  And that doesn't necessarily mean in the physical aspect of people joining together, but in the knowledge of knowing the number of people in my life waiting in the background with genuine support through the testings that I still need to have to monitor my transplant and remission.

Thank you everyone for your friendship and support!!!




2 comments:

  1. Dee
    I will be thinking of you on Tuesday and will be praying that you get thru the biopsy...I can't imagine but will totally be there with you in spirit and if I could take away some of the stress or pain I would

    hugs

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim...that means so much to me!!! More strength for me that dreaded day!!!

      Delete