Saturday, November 25, 2017

Seven Years Ago the Prepping Began...


Seven years ago, life was quite different than it is now.

As I look at this picture, I reflect on how unknown the outcome of the stem-cell transplant would be.

I was beginning my preparations for my sct which would take place in five days.

So many things helped me through one of the biggest battles I would have to face.

My faith gave me peace.
My family gave me focus.
My stubbornness wouldn't allow me to quit.
My grit made me determined.
My weakness gave me the anger to fight.

Cancer gave me the knowledge that whatever I set my mind, body and soul to, I will win!

Here I am seven years later, celebrating this new normal with a life of up and downs, challenges and ease.

I appreciate the small things of life and I embrace the big things.

Even though I'm in remission, cancer is still  in my life every day. It's not something I dwell on but something I am reminded of every second of every minute of every day. It is and will always be a part of who I am today. As awful, disruptive and evil cancer is, it has shaped me into a better person who is passionate about life, and loves deeply.

God Bless and Keep Rockin On

No comments:

Post a Comment