Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Keep It Movin'


One of my biggest struggles since cancer has been the loss of my strength and the decrease in my lung capacity.

About a month or so ago I began an INSANITY class. I admit I was worried. It's a lot of energy and motion and I didnt think I could do it. But I was wrong. So wrong.

Two things I have learned. #1 I may never be able to be as fit as I was before cancer. My body may never fully regain the strength I once had because of my treatments and side effects. And that's okay. #2 INSANITY is insane and it is what you make it. I do all modifications. And even though I modify, I still work up a sweat. I'm usually drenched by the time we are done. It's very satisfying and I feel accomplished and energized after those 530 am workouts.

Also, I have recently noticed something about myself. I have noticed my range of motion is becoming more and I am actually starting to add more speed which I couldn't do at the beginning because of my lung issues. And although I'm still struggling with strength, I'm 'keeping it movin'.

This has been so rewarding. And I want to continue because if I'm seeing progress now, I'm looking forward to a better, healthier and stronger self.

This 'new normal' has been a wild ride of ups and downs and I wouldn't have it any other way.

God bless and keep it movin!


No comments:

Post a Comment